Sunday, May 23, 2021

Tea Chat with Lady Estelle

 LET'S TEA CHAT! 


 

 Once again I will be writing an article for this wonderful news letter. For many year I have enjoyed the taking of tea, tea cup and pot  collecting and anything that had to do with a glorious tea presentation. I even had the pleasure of owning my own Tea Salon, one of my life long dreams!

But, one thing I have not gotten to do yet is travel around the county visiting other little tea shops and establishments.

I would love to take you on a virtual Tea Traveling Tour

The city of London and tea go hand-in-hand, and it’s no secret that the British love a good cup of tea. To get the full experience while visiting the city, consider taking a tea crawl, which is exactly what it sounds like – a healthier version of a pub crawl! Twinings on the Strand is an iconic spot for tea, and the Twinings Tea Room has been serving piping hot cups of tea for over 300 years. Other top spots to sip tea here include Camellia’s Tea House (try an in-house infusion) and Bea’s of Bloomsbury (try loose leaf teas).




Not to be done by London and other parts of the UK, Dublin is more than a city to find good beer. Days in Dublin can get chilly, so warm up with a cup of tea at Bewley’s on Grafton Street. This is a top spot to grab a traditional Irish breakfast and do some shopping too. Other top spots for tea in the city include Wall and Keogh, The Shelbourne and Clement and Pekoe.

 

 

 


Tea might not be grown in New York City, but as a global capital, travelers can find an amazing selection of tea in the Big Apple. Taking an afternoon break for high tea is especially popular among visitors around the holidays. Some recommended tea cafes include Madeline’s Tea at the Carlyle on the Upper East Side, Eloise Tea at the Plaza in Midtown East, and Alice’s Tea Cup on the Upper East and West Sides. The Russian Tea Room is a famous venue here and offers afternoon tea daily.

 

I hope that one day I will be able to travel to these places and give you a first hand account of them.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you will get to travel. For now, I have to watch youtube videos.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deanna, It is nice to hear from you again.

      Delete
  2. I've had tea a few times in NYC, one really nice one was at the Lowell Hotel (https://www.lowellhotel.com/restaurants-and-bar/afternoon-tea) and a less fancy but more affordable (for NYC) is the very fun Tea and Sympathy, which is like a English Pub Teashop, really good food, tea and fun (and often mismatched!) China (https://www.teaandsympathy.com/). I just made Tea and Sympathy's scones (they sell a mix, all you do is add cream, great when you are in a hurry!). Fun learning about other tea shops and I dream of travel again too! (I live quite near NYC but England and teashops is one of my dreams too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth for these other places to visit.

      Delete

Please write to me. Send me new tea recipes. I love to hear about any up coming tea events that you are having or attending.

Studio E is closed for good!

 Studio E is closed for good. I have move to a small studio called my little tea corner. Here is where I will be sharing my tea adventures D...