Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Victorian Tea Lady of Providence,

                               Lady Estelle
 

I, had established a  Victorian Tea society in 2001 to bring together Ladies and Gentlemen who share a love for the Victorian Era and to make new friends. We were a society of women and men dedicated to the enjoyment of tea and friendship. We lunch, laugh and learn while relaxing with other tea lovers. Based in the New England area, located in Rhode Island.

In our small groups, we each take turns being the host or hostess of the month. The tea party host or hostess may choose to serve a luncheon with a formal, informal, or even a witty theme. He or she may even plan an outing to visit a tea house, museum, etc. There is a $10 monthly fee, which is given to the host or hostess for that month to help defray the costs. That way we don't have to charge an annual membership fee.



How it all started!
It was in 2001 that I, Lady Estelle started the chapter of Lady Estelle's Victorian Tea Society. I was always looking for new and fun things to do. While browsing the internet I came upon "The Red Hat Society" where women gather for fun. 
This seemed like, what I was looking for.

At 52, I decides life was too short to worry about getting older, so I got the biggest red hat and joined the chapter to have some fun. The Red Hat signified my freedom to be myself.



An idea was born . . . a challenge! Why just be apart of just a woman's society? Why not start her own society of women and men to have fun? I was always interested in the Victorian/Edwardian Era, loved having tea parties and entertaining.

So, I started calling my friends that I thought would like to form a Victorian Tea Society. Without any problem I soon had 4 ladies, including her youngest daughter and son interested in the idea. The arrangements were made to meet at Baxter's on December 22nd, wearing their favorite hats and Sunday best attire.  The Hats was their statement of Freedom to have Fun.


At the first gathering the table was beautifully arranged with tablecloths, lace napkins, napkin holders, flowers, candles, china, silver, and pretty place cards indicating our place at the table. the menu included sandwiches, strawberry shortcake, scones, clotted cream and jams, and best of all, the tea was served. They gave themselves the royal treatment.
The Victorian Tea Society was officially launched, as we raised our cups and toasted, "Lady Estelle's Victorian Tea Society was on the go!

So look out Providence, here we come wearing our Hats with Pride and Style!

The Victorian Tea Society is no longer running .
I am still considered the Victorian Tea Lady of Providence. You can always come for tea at the Tea Corner and enjoy making friends the old fashion way.

My Little Tea Corner.

My little Tea Corner is in the heart of Providence. It is a lovely little corner in my home  With it's Victorian charm you can relax and enjoy a true step back in time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write to me. Send me new tea recipes. I love to hear about any up coming tea events that you are having or attending.

Studio E is closed for good!

 Studio E is closed for good. I have move to a small studio called my little tea corner. Here is where I will be sharing my tea adventures D...