Thursday, April 27, 2017

April's Tea News

With 2017 now in full swing, I’m enjoying the changing weather and relishing the thought that Spring is almost here! And as we all know, April showers bring May flowers...

   

Flowers, warmth, getting out of the house a little more, and light are the elements that excite us this time of the year. 
Why not create a gathering to include those very elements? Invite friends over, plan a lunch or tea with flowers as the theme, and good conversation will deliver the warmth everyone will need. Perhaps some of these ideas will help you plan a memorable event. . .

Use floral dishes, old or new, to set your table.
Force or buy bulbs in individual glass containers so one can see the roots and growth, and use different stages of growth and flowered bulbs as the center-
piece, then give each guest a piece of spring to take home. (Most items can be found in dollar stores)
Floral teas are so varied and abundant. Serve a chocolate rose tea, lemon chamomile, or tea of your choice.
Ask your guests to bring a plate or cup with a floral motif to the table gathering; stories behind the dishes are great conversation starters.
Find ways to include flowers, fresh or dried, into the foods you serve or as a stunning garnish on the side of each plate.
 Adding rosewater to your whipped cream for scones or 
chives (chive flowers) in your next sandwich spread are a few ideas. 
Play a guessing game by asking guests to correctly guess the names of the flowers represented on your table. 
Flower shapes can play a part in your food preparation:
 buttercream roses on top of cake, charcuterie flowers with herbed cream as a starter or sandwiches cut into flower and leaf shapes, etc...
 
Remember, friendships are like flowers;
they must be carefully nurtured to be enjoyed. 
What's happening at Lady Estelle's Tea Corner?
I have been so busy with the opening of my life's dream, a Tea parlor.
 It comes with great rewards and much stress, as most new adventures cause. 
But for me, I will endure by drinking tea.

Drinking tea is not just for enjoyment for me, and it’s not just about taste or caffeine either. It’s about taking those moments out of a busy life and reflecting about how best to deal with the stresses that come our way every day. 
I’m setting myself a challenge – and I hope you will all join me 
– to be my best, most creative, most organized self this season. 
And tea will help us do it!


Flowers are lovely; love is flower-like;
Friendship is a sheltering tree;
Oh, the joys that came down shower-like,
Of friendship, love and liberty,
Ere I was old!
~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write to me. Send me new tea recipes. I love to hear about any up coming tea events that you are having or attending.

Studio E is closed for good!

 Studio E is closed for good. I have move to a small studio called my little tea corner. Here is where I will be sharing my tea adventures D...