Monday, January 18, 2010

Soothe That Sore Throat!- Honey Lemon Tea



Whether it is from a cold, strep, or just a change in the weather a sore throat is no fun. When I work up this morning ,I was under the weather with a wicked sore throat. I remembered this home remedy from my childhood. The good old lemon and honey for a sore throat.

If you have a sore throat give this a try. The honey is soothing and comforting while the lemon is antibacterial and boosts your immune system with a shot of vitamin C.

Honey Lemon Tea for Sore Throats

* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon
* 1 cup water
* 1 chamomile tea bag or equivalent in loose chamomile tea
* More honey if needed
* Lemon slice

Bring water to a boil. Add the chamomile, lemon, and honey. Allow to steep for two minutes. Drink hot.

serves 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write to me. Send me new tea recipes. I love to hear about any up coming tea events that you are having or attending.

Studio E is closed for good!

 Studio E is closed for good. I have move to a small studio called my little tea corner. Here is where I will be sharing my tea adventures D...