Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Tasty Sunday!

This is one of my favorite scones.
Enjoy an have a tasty Sunday !

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat or white)
6 tablespoons sugar
5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon zest
2/3 cup butter or margarine
2 egg, beaten
6 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice


Directions:
Heat oven to 400F.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Cut butter into flour mixture by hand or with a fork. Stir in egg, milk and lemon juice and add additional tablespoon or two of flour if necessary (so dough is not sticky).

Turn onto wooden board and knead about 10 times. Cut or shape into 6 to 8 diamonds or triangles. Place on greased baking sheet and bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: You have scaled this recipe to serve/make 12 (originally serves/makes 6). Please adjust for pan sizes, cooking times, measurements in the directions, and divided ingredients accordingly.

This recipe from CDKitchen for Lemon Scones serves/makes 12

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Lady Estelle! These remind me of my youngest son. When he was at home, he was forever making scones!

    I believe I'll foreward this over to him as i just know he'll enjoy whipping up a batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scones are such a delightful part of taking tea. Yours look delicious - thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Please write to me. Send me new tea recipes. I love to hear about any up coming tea events that you are having or attending.

Studio E is closed for good!

 Studio E is closed for good. I have move to a small studio called my little tea corner. Here is where I will be sharing my tea adventures D...